I write Books. I Blog. I publish Research Papers.
I write about entrepreneurship and startups, and what makes them successful. I write about the future of entrepreneurship. Topics include:
- Entrepreneurs & Startups
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
- Innovation & Cutting Edge Technology
- Business Development & Marketing
- Mentors & Advisors (your Startup Brain Trust)
- Venture Capital & Angel Funding
- Crowdsourcing & Crowdfunding
- Startup Success in the Age of Metapreneurship
I’ve written a couple of books on the entrepreneurship, innovation and related topics – with a few more in the hopper:
The Age of Metapreneurship – A Journey into the Future of Entrepreneurship
(Venture Point Press – 2017)
Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship (A University Textbook)
(Rebus Press – 2018) – A co-author.
The Startup Brain Trust – A guidebook for Startups, Entrepreneurs and the Experts who help them become Great. (Venture Point Press – Fall 2020)
Vanguard Entrepreneurship – Creating breakthrough products for brand new markets.
(Available Summer 2021)
Selected Research Papers
Entrepreneurial Competencies (in progress) –
A study on entrepreneurial skills/traits valued in the workplace versus those developed while in college.
Coauthored with California State University Colleagues.
(selected) Published Articles and Papers:
- Cornell, C.J., “The Metamorphosis of Business Plan Competitions”, NCIIA Conference Proceedings, March 2014
- Cornell, C.J., “Crowdfunding – Jumpstarting University Entrepreneurship”, NCIIA Conference Proceedings, March 2014 (For 2014 NCIIA Conference)
- Cornell, C.J.,Luzar, Charles “ Crowdfunding Fraud: How Big is the Threat?” – Crowdfund Insider, March 20, 2014
- Cornell, C.J. (2005, 2007). “8 simple rules” (on angel investing). (Distributed by Silicom Ventures, LLC, and published in various magazines and journals).
- Cornell, C.J., Salem, C., & Flick, J. (2004). Cable television VOD for learner-based instruction. In AECT: Proceedings of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology.
- Cornell, C.J. (2002, Summer). Activity-based VOD. CTAM Journal.
- Chaos Media Networks. (2002). VOD: Tapping deeper wells (industry white paper).
- C.J. Cornell. ABCs of VCs (University lecture slides – MBA venture finance course).
Perspectives of angel investing (University lecture slides – Entrepreneurial business course).
- Cornell, C.J. (2000, Summer). Striking oil in the vast wasteland. CTAM (Magazine of CTAM – Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing).
- Cornell, C.J. (1999). Complexity and Game Theory Strategies in Modern Economic Markets. Columbus Press.
- Cornell, C.J. (1989). Expert systems design for predicting behavior. U.S. Air Force Program Research Office (AFPRO).
Movies and TV shows/episodes for entrepreneurs. Some are good depictions (or parodies) of the entrepreneurial experience. Others are good examples of what NOT to